Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Holiday in Nikko 日光の休み










Yesterday, I got back from Nikko after a very enjoyable 3 day break. The countryside around Nikko is so beautiful, and there's lots of wildlife too, I saw many birds and butterflies, snakes, squirrels and monkeys. I'm looking forward to my next trip there!

The first day I spent looking around the temple area of Nikko, and had a delicious yuba (tofu skin) and soba (buckwheat noodle) soup lunch. The 2nd day I spent walking in the countryside, had a few short conversations with Japanese walkers, and one couple very kindly gave me some grilled chicken to have with my lunch! Although the temperature reached 32-33C that day, it didn't feel too bad in the shade of the forests. And I bought a bottle of frozen green tea from the convenience store which lasted cold all day in my shoulder coolbag, as well as keeping my salad and rice ball chilled!

Photos and commentary in English are in the two links to the right (Nikko and Tobu World Square).

昨日日光から帰った、3日間の楽しかった休みです。日光の自然がすごく美しい。次の泊まりを楽しみしている。写真と注釈が右のリンクに有る。日光と東武ワールドスクウェアの写真がある。

2 comments:

Mountaincat said...

Eating yuba and soba on hot summer day is really refreshing. What is that waterfall in first picture ?

Alison said...

That waterfall is called Yudaka, because it was near Lake Yu. I thought it was more beautiful than the more famous Kegon Falls...