Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

A couple of musings

Firstly, after my long mountain walk yesterday, and hundreds and hundreds of steps, I can no longer walk without pain! Particularly going down stairs. And I won't be sleeping in my loft tonight, it was hard enough getting down the ladder this morning, and I've seized up even more now!

Then, just now I went to the supermarket to get a few things. It's been a pretty good day today weather-wise, but when I left the supermarket the heavens had already opened. Well, it is the rainy season, after all! And, given I didn't have far to go, it was actually rather a nice reminder that I live in a sub-tropical country! And speaking of the rain, I was reminded of something that I noticed when first coming here on holiday... People cycle with umbrellas here - not something I've seen anywhere else. One of my students asked me the other week what British cyclists did when it rained, if we didn't carry umbrellas... We just get wet of course!

1 comment:

Mountaincat said...

:) I think they will hide somewhere for rain to pass and then continue trip.