Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

雀蜂 Sparrow bee/ Asian Giant Hornet/ Yak Killer Hornet















これは大きすぎる!金網は6センチメートルだ。これはちょっとこわいらしいだった。写真は危なさが分からなかった!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

Sparrow bee, eh?! No kidding! This was rather big... I took the photos before I discovered on the internet that 70 people die from the sting of these things in Japan each year, although it must be said I did feel a little scared taking close-up photos... But how often do you get the opportunity to see something like this close-up?! To give an idea of scale, this hornet was a tiny bit smaller than my little finger, the wire netting has 6cm square holes...

1 comment:

Mountaincat said...

Looks like young hornet, exploring area around.

I heard that if bitten by bee or hornet, body develops some kind of antiserum. It functions all life and is more easy to survive next bites.