Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

All singing, all dancing new water heating system! 新しいお湯の暖房

OK, well not all dancing perhaps, but definitely all singing!

You may remember that my water boiler has been playing up since last winter, pretty much since I moved in fact!  In summer it's not a problem because my water is heated purely by solar panels, but between October and April it needs oil to heat it.

Apparently the boiler system was old, and my owner knew that she was probably going to have to replace it at some point.  This winter, so far she twice had to get repairs done on it.  The last time she repaired it, just before I went on holiday, I woke up the next morning to renewed problems.  She decided to replace it.

Hooray!

I now can have a shower with continuous hot water, I keep going into the kitchen to wash my hands and look at the shiny new control panel!  And it's a gas boiler, not oil, which means that hopefully it will be cheaper to run, and also means that I don't have to hang around on Mondays to catch the oil delivery van.  Even without central heating, bathtime is going to get a whole lot more pleasant!

And did I mention the all singing all dancing bit?  Seriously, it's a bit like having a maid to run your bath for you...   As with the oil system, the bath will automatically fill to the desired level at the touch of a button, and then keep the water hot at the desired temperature.  But this one plays a little ditty when it's finished and a woman's voice shouts out in Japanese, 'Your bath's ready'!  Rather fun!

And if you put the lid on the bath and set the timer, then it will automatically fill your bath for the time that you want it!  I'm going to try that tomorrow morning!

Oh, what fun!


 さあ、新しいお湯の暖房が有る。全部が自動。それに声を出す。ちょっとお手伝いさんが有るみたい!タイマー機能も有る。楽しい!

No comments: