Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

偕楽園、水戸 Kairaku-en, Mito

I went to Kairaku-en in Mito last weekend. I went after work on Saturday and stayed overnight in the Toyoko Inn. The next morning I got up really early and walked along the river to the garden, getting there at about 7:30. Even though it was so early, it was already pretty busy.

Kairaku-en is famous for its vast area of plum trees in late February/March. It was beautiful - especially from above, but a bit too regimented on ground level for my taste. I preferred the bamboo grove which really was very peaceful.

If anyone can tell me what the bird is in this photo, I'd be very interested - I see it a lot in gardens!

Have a look at my photos here!




先週末、水戸の偕楽園に梅を見に行った。きれいだったが多分竹の森のほうがいい。

その土曜日夜に仕事の後で水戸に行って東横インに泊まった。次の朝に早く起きて偕楽園に歩いた。7時半に公園に到着したがもうこんでいた!

写真を見て下さい

No comments: